Free printable labeled and blank map of Germany with cities in PDF format. Germany is a historical country so you can see a Map of Germany & Cities and note down important facts about this country. This article is about Germany; read this full article and increase your General knowledge to prepare a plan to visit this country. You will also find high-quality printable, downloadable maps of Germany in this article.
Germany, officially the Federal Republic of Germany, is a sovereign state located in the heart of Europe. With over 82 million inhabitants, it is the most populous member state of the European Union. Germany’s capital and largest cities are Berlin and its financial center in Frankfurt. You can get printable detailed Germany map with cities in pdf for free.
It includes 16 constituent states, covers an area of 357,021 square kilometers (137,847 sq mi), and has a largely temperate seasonal climate.
Table of Contents
Printable Blank Map of Germany with Cities
Cities of Germany
How can a printable map of Germany with Cities be helpful?
Germany Map with States
States of Germany
Labeled Map of Germany
Printable Map of Germany
Rivers of Germany:
Bodies of water in Germany:
Borders of Germany
Facts about Germany:
Germany is a country in the center of Europe, so many people visit this country as tourists. Officially it is termed the Federal Republic of Germany, German Deutschland, or Bundesrepublik Deutschland. This country is mostly identified all over the world for its culture and historical places and is surrounded by Poland, the Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Netherland, Luxembourg, the North Sea, and the Baltic Sea. You download detailed map of Germany for free from our website.
Cities of Germany are enlisted:
- Berlin (the capital): It is the largest city in Germany and also the capital. It covers an area of 891 square kilometers. The population of this city is 3,748,148 people, according to 2016 data. It has many tourist attractions like Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag building, etc.
- Hamburg: It is the second-largest city after Berlin. It covers an area of 755 square kilometers. The population of this city is 1,790,859 people as per 2016 data.
- Munich: It is the third-largest city located in the southeastern part of Germany. The population of Munich is 1,458,381 people, as recorded in 2016.
- Cologne: It is the fourth-largest city in Germany, with a population of 1,060,582 people residing there, according to 2016 data.
- Frankfurt: It is a major business and financial center of Germany and Europe as well. The population living here is 732,688 people, as per 2016 reports.
- Stuttgart: It is the capital of Baden-Württemberg and the sixth-largest city in Germany. The population of Stuttgart is 623,738 people as per 2016 data.
- Düsseldorf: It is the capital of North Rhine-Westphalia and ion of the largest city in Germany. The population living here is 617,280 people, as recorded in 2016.
- Essen: It is the ninth-largest city located in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia. The population of Essen is 593,085 people as per reports of 2016.
A printable map of Germany can be helpful in various ways. Some of them are:
- It can be used as a reference point while planning a trip to Germany as it will give a clear idea about the cities and places one can visit.
- It can be used as study material for students who are learning about Germany or preparing for exams like Geography Olympiad, etc.
- Businesses can use it for market research or expand their business in Germany.
- It can be a good gift for someone who is interested in learning about different countries and their capitals.
- In general, it can be a good addition to anyone’s collection of world maps.
- Last but not least, it can be used as wall decor in homes, offices, or classrooms.
How many states are in this country? There is a total of 16 states in which Berlin is the youngest federal state and is also the capital of the country. In the below-given map, you can see and read all the states in which Bayern is the largest and Bremen is the smallest. Berlin is only a state. It is also the most famous city in the country. Except with that, Munich, Hamburg, and Cologne are among the other big cities.
German is the language with English and French, which is mostly used along with a few other minority languages such as Sorbian, Frisian, and Danish, which are used by minor communities. This map of Germany shows all the 16 states, which are: Baden-Württemberg, Bayern, Berlin, Brandenburg, Bremen, Hamburg, Hessen, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Niedersachsen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Saarland, Sachsen, Sachsen-Anhalt, Schleswig-Holstein and Thüringen. You can download large map of Germany with cities from us for free.
The top states of Germany are these:
- Baden-Württemberg: This state is located in the southwest of the country. It covers an area of 35,751 square kilometers and has a population of 11,027,648 people. The capital of this state is Stuttgart.
- Bavaria: This state is located in the southeast of the country and covers an area of 70,553 square kilometers. The population of Bavaria is 12,671,537 people as per 2016 data. The capital of this state is Munich.
- North Rhine-Westphalia: It is the most populous state located in the west of Germany. It covers an area of 34,084 square kilometers and has a population of 18,052,992 people, as recorded in 2016. The capital of this state is Düsseldorf.
- Lower Saxony: This state is located in northwest Germany and covers an area of 47,618 square kilometers. The population of Lower Saxony is 7,956,398 people as per 2016 data. The capital of this state is Hanover.
- Hesse: This state is located in the west-central part of Germany and covers an area of 21,115 square kilometers. The population of Hesse is 6,262,702 people as per 2016 reports. The capital of this state is Wiesbaden.
- Hamburg: This state is located in the north of Germany and covers an area of 755 square kilometers. The population of Hamburg is 1,840,837 people as per 2016 data. The capital of this state is also Hamburg.
- Berlin: This state is located in the northeast of Germany and covers an area of 892 square kilometers. The population of Berlin is 3,671,378 people as per 2016 reports. The capital of this state is also Berlin.
- Rhineland-Palatinate: This state is located in southwest Germany and covers an area of 19,854 square kilometers. The population of Rhineland-Palatinate is 4,057,920 people, as recorded in 2016. The capital of this state is Mainz.
- Saxony: This state is located in the southeast of Germany and covers an area of 18,413 square kilometers. The population of Saxony is 4,094,170 people as per reports of 2016. The capital of this state is Dresden.
- Mecklenburg-Vorpommern: It is a state located in the northeast of Germany and covers an area of 23,174 square kilometers. The population of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern is 1,613,383 people as per 2016 reports. The capital of this state is Schwerin.
All these states have something unique and interesting to offer to their visitors. You can find more information about them on the internet or in travel books.
You can use a printable map of Germany with states in these ways:
- For school projects: Students can use this map to locate and label the different states of Germany.
- For travel: Tourists can use this map to plan their itinerary and find out more about the places they want to visit.
- For business: Businessmen can use this map to find out more about the different states of Germany and their economies.
- For general knowledge: This map can be used by anyone to increase their knowledge about the different states of Germany.
- For fun: This map can be used in a game of trivia or scavenger hunt. Try to find out as much as you can about the different states of Germany using this map!
Many people are searching for a road map, the reason is road map helps you to search for transportation and way for your places. It is the 8th most visited place in the world. The reasons are its cultural values, outdoor activities, and ancient cities. German Beer, Bread Baking, German Castles, German Festivals, Football, and their technologies are world-famous.
A labeled map of Germany will teach you about these things:
Borders of Germany: Germany is bordered by 9 other countries: Denmark to the north, Poland and the Czech Republic to the east, Austria and Switzerland to the south, France to the southwest, and Belgium, Luxemburg, and the Netherlands to the west. We provide printable map of Germany and surrounding countries for free download now!
Area of Germany: The total area of Germany is 357,386 square kilometers.
The population of Germany: The population of Germany is over 82 million people.
The capital city of Germany: The capital city of Germany is Berlin. Other major cities include Hamburg, Munich, Cologne, and Frankfurt.
Geography of Germany: Germany is located in Central Europe and is bordered by the North and Baltic Seas. The landscape is varied, with the north being mostly flat and the south being mountainous.
The climate of Germany: The climate in Germany varies depending on the region but is generally a temperate climate with cool winters and mild summers.
Tourist attractions in Germany: There are many tourist attractions in Germany, such as the Black Forest, the Oktoberfest in Munich, and the castles of the Rhine Valley.
This is only a small amount of information that a labeled map of Germany can teach you. A labeled map can be a very useful tool, whether you are planning a trip to Germany or just want to learn more about this fascinating country.
In the below map, we have given a few major cities in the country. Germany is a country with cultural values and ancient history. Germany is based on the growth of Western culture and arts, logic, reasons, literature, beer, sausages, and you can say every aspect of living. The values followed by Christianity were developed in Germany through ancient churches.
Germany has much more to explore with its rich tradition and history. The river valleys, mountains, coastline, and the black forest offers much to do in terms of outdoor activities. So, don’t wait, just go and explore Germany with its interesting facts and stories. This detailed Germany map outline will help you to learn all rivers of Germany.
Here’s some more information about Germany you should know:
- Danube: the Danube is the second-longest river in Europe, and it flows through ten countries, including Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Hungary, Romania, and Ukraine.
- Elbe: the Elbe is one of the major rivers of Central Europe, and it flows through the Czech Republic and Germany.
- Oder: the Oder is a river in Central Europe, and it flows through Poland and Germany.
- Rhine: the Rhine is one of the longest and most important rivers in Europe, and it flows through Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and Switzerland.
- Weser: the Weser is a river in northwestern Germany, and it flows into the North Sea.
- Baltic Sea: the Baltic Sea is a sea of the Atlantic Ocean, located between Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Sweden, Poland, Russia, and Germany.
- North Sea: the North Sea is a sea of the Atlantic Ocean, located between Norway, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, and the United Kingdom.
The following are the countries that border Germany:
- Denmark: Germany is bordered by Denmark to the north.
- Poland: Germany is bordered by Poland to the east.
- Czech Republic: Germany is bordered by the Czech Republic to the east.
- Austria: Germany is bordered by Austria to the south.
- Switzerland: Germany is bordered by Switzerland to the south.
- France: Germany is bordered by France to the southwest.
- Belgium: Germany is bordered by Belgium to the west.
- Luxembourg: Germany is bordered by Luxembourg to the west.
- Netherlands: Germany is bordered by the Netherlands to the northwest.
Here are some interesting facts about Germany everyone should know:
- 7th largest country in Europe: Germany is the 7th largest country in Europe, with an area of 357,021 km2 (137,847 mi2).
- The largest population in Europe: Germany has the largest population in the EU, with over 82 million people.
- Capital city: Berlin is the capital and largest city of Germany, with a population of 3.5 million people.
- Official language: German is the official language of Germany.
- Official religion: Christianity is the official religion of Germany, with over 60% of the population being Christian.
- Life expectancy: The life expectancy in Germany is 81 years for men and 85 years for women.
- World’s 4th largest economy: Germany has the world’s 4th largest economy with a GDP of $3.4 trillion.
- Export leader: Germany is the world’s leading exporter with over $1.3 trillion in exports.
- Member of the UN: Germany is a founding member of the United Nations and is one of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council.
- Birth Place of Cars and Motorcycles: Germany is the birthplace of both the car and the motorcycle. As the manufacturing center of Europe, Germany is home to many of the world’s leading car and motorcycle brands, such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Audi, and Volkswagen.
- World’s largest fair: Oktoberfest, the world’s largest fair, is held annually in Munich, Germany.
- Famous composers: Germany has produced some of the world’s most famous classical composers, including Johann Sebastian Bach, Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and Richard Wagner.
- Famous inventors: Germany has been home to many famous inventors and scientists, such as Johannes Gutenberg (inventor of the printing press), Albert Einstein (theory of relativity), and Karl Benz (inventor of the automobile).
- Famous painters: Germany has produced some of the world’s most famous painters, such as Albrecht Dürer, Hans Holbein the Younger, and Caspar David Friedrich.
- Famous philosophers: Germany has been home to many famous philosophers such as Immanuel Kant, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, and Karl Marx.
A labeled map of Germany can be a very useful tool for learning about the country and its many features. From the capital city of Berlin to the rivers and borders, a labeled map can teach you a lot about this fascinating country. You can see Germany on world map. So, what are you waiting for? Download a printable free map of Germany today and start learning!