India is the 7th biggest country (by area) in the World & many students & foreigners dream a visit India at least once their life. The population size is their cultural & religious differences that make India unique compared to other countries in the World. So many foreign people are interested in watching Indian culture & religion. If you are in the mood to visit India, read India Maps with states & cities, and it’s beneficial for your journey. These maps are also helpful to foreigners and students.
Table of Contents
Free Printable India Map with States
Where is India located on the World map?
How to locate India on the Map of the World?
Which languages are spoken by Indians?
Free Political Map of India PDF
Free blank printable Map of India
Indian Map Outline
Free Blank Printable India Map with States
Free colourful India Map
Labelled India Maps with States and Cities
Free Political Map of India
Population of India
Capital of India
There are 28 total Indian states and 8 Union territories. Some Indian states are large, while some are small. All these states are shown on the free printable India Map with conditions to increase your knowledge of the Indian States.
Some of the famous Indian States with details are below:
- Kerala: Kerala is dubbed “God’s own country,” & it is one of the prettiest Indian states. Here you’ll find clean & beautiful beaches at Varkala, Kovalam, & Muzhappilangad. Besides beaches, this state also consists of attractive historical monuments, waterfalls, & hill stations. Alleppey, Munnar, & Kumarakom are also the most stunning & visited places in Kerala.
- Rajasthan: Rajasthan is the land of kings & has a rich history. Moreover, this Indian state will tell you stories about historical wars, victories, romances, and men of valour. Furthermore, you can see palaces, forts, & monuments. It is also the home to the most prominent Indian desert. The Thar Desert is famous for its dunes and seven deserts of safaris. Jaisalmer, Jaipur, and Jodhpur are also the most well-known places in Rajasthan.
- Goa: Goa is also known for its local cuisine, especially seafood. This Indian state comprises flawless beaches & mesmerising sunsets. There are a lot of water sports and activities held here. It is one of the smallest states in India and is very easy to explore. Arambol Beach & Mapusa Market are the most attractive places in Goa.
- Punjab: Punjab is known for its rich & religious history, and it is also the home to the iconic Golden Temple that attracts foreigners from all around the World. In Punjab, you’ll find a blend of local culture & ancient history. Some of the famous places in Punjab are Amritsar, Chandigarh, & Jalandhar.
- Himachal Pradesh: This Indian state lies in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountain range, and you can also see the snow-capped mountains here. There are several great hill stations to visit. Rock climbing, Hiking, Mountain-Biking, and Paragliding are some adventurous activities conducted in this state. Kulu, Shimla, & Manali are also the most attractive places in Himachal Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh: This state is one of the World’s wonders because it is where the Taj Mahal is, and the holy Ganga River also flows through this state. Uttar Pradesh is also known as the Land of Spiritually. A characteristic of this Indian state is beautiful architecture, with famous monuments, i.e., Qutub Minar and Chaukhandi Stupa. There are Ayodha and Allahabad also in this state. Some of the most well-known & visited places in this State are Agra, Varanasi, and Lucknow.
- Jammu & Kashmir: This state, otherwise called a piece of heaven on earth owing to its evergreen valleys, clear blue skies, & massive snow-clad mountains. It is the northernmost state in India. In addition, this state is also known for its quite idyllic villages, gushing waterfalls, & valleys. Tourists go here for relaxation & trekking, and beautiful Mosques & Temples are also here to explore. Srinagar is the capital of Jammu & Kashmir.
India, officially named the Republic of India is situated in South Asia & is bordered by Pakistan & Afghanistan in the north-west, China, Bhutan & Nepal in the north, Myanmar in the east, and Bangladesh just east of West Bengal. A small sea channel separates Sri Lanka from India.
In the World Map, India is entirely lying in the North Hemisphere. India is between 8° and 37° latitudes north of the Equator and 68° and 97° east of the Equator.
On the World map, we can quickly locate India surrounded by the three major water bodies the Arabian Sea to the West, the Indian Ocean to the South & the Bay of Bengal to the east. India is stretched by over an area of 3.28 million sq. km, making India the 7th biggest country globally in terms of size. The world-famous tourist destination is the Andaman & Nicobar Islands in the Bay of Bengal and Lakshadweep Islands in the Arabian Sea, which are parts of the Republic of India, increasing India’s prominence on the world map.
Due to cultural & religious differences, there is no one official language spoken all over India. As per the 2011 census of India, Hindi (हिन्दी) is spoken by 52% of the population, while 40% of the population speaks other languages, i.e., Bengali, Punjabi, Tamil, Marathi, Urdu, etc. The remaining 8% population uses English as their 1st or official language.
India has approximately fifteen thousand kilometres of land borders and a coastline of about 7500 kilometres. Only 5 out of 28 states of India have no international border or coastal line. Seven countries share these borders, i.e., China, Pakistan, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Myanmar, Nepal, and Bangladesh. India borders Sri Lanka but is separated from India by a narrow sea channel. However, Bangladesh & Pakistan share land borders and maritime borders, while Sri Lanka shares only a maritime boundary. You can see all these in the free political Map of India pdf.
India is not just a simple country; and this country is a mixture of different historical places and cultures. Due to this, many foreigners visit India to watch many historical sites & explore Indian culture. Below is the free blank India Map PDF. This Map is beneficial for geology students. A blank Map of India PDF is helpful for a geology student who needs it for exam purposes. The free blank India Map PDF is of the best quality and can easily change colours for different countries and highlight your lands, so Blank India Map is beneficial for the students.
The India map outline PDF shows all the outlines and international boundaries of India. This Indian outline map PDF will allow you to learn about neighbouring countries of India in Asia quickly. The India outline map is downloadable in PDF, printable and free.
One significant advantage of using a blank outline map of India is that this Map also indicates the international frontiers of the nation with other neighbouring countries such as Bangladesh, Pakistan, China, Nepal, Burma, and Bhutan. You can also glimpse the Bay of Bengal, the Indian Ocean, and the Arabian Sea that edge the country to the southern side.
The country covers a total area of 3,287,240 sq. km. The country’s shoreline extends for over 7,517 km, and at its edges are the Arabian Sea, Bay of Bengal, and the Indian Ocean. An Outline map of India helps you locate all the boundaries of the states in the country, and it is a perfect guide for geography students to learn about India’s various forms and their frontiers.
Blank outline maps of India are available in both online and offline versions. The offline version of this Map is nothing but a printable outline Map helpful for educational purposes. Free downloadable versions of the Map are also available, which the students can use for marking. Parents can use this Map to educate their kids, and they can get a printout and tell their kids about the various famous places in India (states, capitals, seas, and ocean), which will help them enhance their knowledge about India.
Since India is a vast country with many States, users can use our free blank printable India Map with States to know the States located on the Map. The Map is free and is available to download in pdf.
Below is the free colourful Map of India. This Map is of the best colour quality, and you can easily find out different Indian states differentiated by various colours. Everyone can quickly determine the Indian states by their different colours.
There are over 4000 different cities & towns in India, and these cities have their specific cultures & languages.
The political Map of India PDF is such a beneficial and knowledgeable map. These maps provide more detailed knowledge of India regarding its states & cities.
By area, India is the 7th biggest country in the World. As per 2020 stats, the total population was 1.40 billion and is increasing rapidly day by day. About 300 cities in India have a population of over 100K. Seven cities have a population of more than 3 million. Greater Mumbai is still the most populated city in India. Here is the list of 3 most populated cities in India:
Mumbai – 22.5 million – It is not surprising that Mumbai is the most populous city in India. Bollywood is a famous industry, and people all over India are rushing here to make their dreams come true. It is a city that inspires all those who want to live and succeed. The people who move to Mumbai are full of hope to realise what they want to do. But the truth is, there is a lot of traffic in Mumbai. But despite that, the city has its playful rhythm, and people seem to be fascinated by it.
Delhi- 18.6bMillion – Delhi is a centre of education for students from all over India and is the second-most populous city in India. But its resources are squeezed by the rising population. What do you think is the reason why Delhi is polluted? One of the reasons is that the amount of traffic is increasing. The city is getting crowded, and the crime rate is rising. The people in the region are happy with the culture and lifestyle of the happenings. The growing number of multinational companies in the NCR region also contributes to their success story.
Bengaluru – 10.1 million – The rapid development of the IT industry since the days of Bangalore has been one of the reasons young and ambitious people from other states settled here. So, that’s why it is the 3rd most populous city in India. A surprising change is taking place in the economy and culture of Bangalore. Bengaluru has a special pride in its drinking culture and attracts a new generation of the high-end middle class.
Hyderabad – 8.7 million – Hyderabad is the 4th most populous city in India. Instead, it’s a big part that there are plenty of high-end shopping malls, cinemas, clubs, and bars. Every morning, residents can see energetic people heading to high-tech companies. The IT sector has come to compete with big cities like Bangalore and Chennai. Due to its large population, traffic jams are severe and feared, but the Hyderabad subway system will solve the problem.
New Delhi is India’s capital and part of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. New Delhi consists of three branches of the government of India, which include the Rashtrapati Bhavan, the Supreme Court of India, and the Parliament House. Its total area is 42.7 km sq.