Washington is the state located in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. It is the 18th largest state in terms of area and the 13th most populous state. The state capital is Olympia and the largest city is Seattle. A printable map of Washington is an important tool for residents and tourists alike, as it provides an accurate representation of the state’s geography, including its cities, roads, and landmarks.
Printable Map of Washington
Click Here to Download
Washington is bordered by the Canadian province of British Columbia to the north, Idaho to the east, Oregon to the south, and the Pacific Ocean to the west. The state is known for its natural beauty, including the Cascade Mountains, Olympic Mountains, Puget Sound, and Mount Rainier. The Columbia River, which runs through the state, is also a significant feature on any map of Washington.
In terms of transportation, Washington is served by several major highways, including I-5, which runs north-south through the state, and I-90, which runs east-west. The state also has a ferry system that connects the mainland to the San Juan Islands and other coastal communities. The printable map of Washington can be useful for travelers who are planning to drive or take the ferry to different parts of the state.
20 Fun Facts About Washington
- Washington is named after George Washington, the first president of the United States.
- The state is the only one in the US named after a president.
- Washington is the leading producer of apples in the United States.
- The state is also a major producer of potatoes, cherries, and grapes.
- Mount Rainier, located in the state, is the highest mountain in the Cascade Range and the most glaciated peak in the contiguous US.
- The world’s first commercial airplane flight took place in Washington in 1914.
- Washington is home to the first national park in the country, Yellowstone National Park.
- The state is the birthplace of Jimi Hendrix, one of the greatest guitarists of all time.
- Seattle is home to the first Starbucks, which opened in 1971.
- Washington is the leading producer of hydroelectric power in the country.
- The state is also home to the largest floating bridge in the world, the Evergreen Point Floating Bridge.
- Washington is the only state in the US with a flag that features an image of an president.
- The state is home to the world’s largest building made of legos, the Lego Imagination Center.
- Seattle is known for its rainy weather, but it is actually one of the sunniest cities in the country.
- The state is home to the largest volcanic eruption in US history, the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens.
- The state is home to the only national park dedicated to volcanic activity, Mount Rainier National Park.
- Washington is the only state in the US that grows Rosé wine grapes.
- The state is home to the first dairy queen in the country, which opened in 1940.
- Washington is home to the world’s largest ferry system, the Washington State Ferry system.
- The state is known for its thriving tech industry, with companies such as Amazon and Microsoft headquartered in the Seattle area.
In conclusion, a printable map of Washington is an essential tool for those who are visiting or living in the state. It provides a clear representation of the state’s geography, including its cities, roads, and landmarks. Additionally, Washington is a state with a rich history and many fun facts, making it a great place to explore.